Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July 22

 Crossing the runway in FRA.
Ahhh...Fraport, as they call it.  I've got chills up my spine, and not because it's 12 C.  Going to Frankfurt is like going to my other home across the sea.

Welcome to the land of sausage, malt beer, Riesling and chocolate.  In that order.

I'm gonna have me a vay-cay-shun!

This was also the first time I have actually slept in a plane since I-don't-know-when.  Hats off to whoever designed those Boeing 777 seats in business class (yeah, business class - I lucked out with an upgrade!)  You just press the "ZZZ" button and with a little zoom and a little whoosh, your seat turns into a FLAT BED.  Yup.  You read that right.  So sweet I hugged my pillow extra-hard and promptly fell asleep. 

I was off to a good start.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oh how fun! Enjoy your vacation!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...