Sunday, March 16, 2008

Is it nearly Spring?



No, Virginia, it's not spring yet. Unfortunately, we're still stuck under several feet of snow here in Quebec. The above picture is of my garden shed, taken in May of 2006. To think that it will look like that in about 6 weeks' time in unfathomable, since everything is still under a glacial layer of snow.

What's funny about the garden shed is the number on the door: number 7. For some obscure reason, all the out-buildings on our farm have numbers on them. It's not enough to say, "I'm going to the wood shed", no, some organizational guru decided to put numbers on all the sheds. So the wood shed is number 4, the chicken coop is number 6, the garden shed is number 7, and so on. The person whose turn it is to go get firewood simply calls out, "I'm going for the prize behind door number 4". It's like our own little code. But it still puzzles me why anyone would bother to number the barn and shed doors. Maybe there was a sale on numbers at Canadian Tire?

Maybe this summer we'll tackle fixing it up a bit. I'd love to see a copper roof on it, but that's a bit of a long shot. I plan to plant my vegetable garden near here this summer, so let's keep our collective fingers crossed that my gardening plans bear fruition.

In the interim, I leave you with this:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...